KKV’s success depends upon our ability to maintain deep roots in Kalihi Valley. We know that this community is rich with cultural knowledge, wisdom, and diverse talents, and we aim to uplift these gifts through our hiring practices. As a result, many of our employees and volunteers come directly from the community we serve. KKV is an equal opportunity employer.
Behavioral Health Medical Assistant (F/T)
Job Summary : Responsible for overseeing front desk, appointment scheduling, and checking in patients of Behavioral Health Program in a Community Health Center setting in Kalihi. Also responsible for assisting Providers including Psychiatrist and Therapists, giving injections to patients and calling in prescriptions for medications, assist with blister pack medications monitoring, assist with case management and psychosocial and crisis support services for clients, making referrals to community providers and resources. Medical Assistant training required. One year experience in working in a health setting preferred. Bilingual language skills preferred.
Job Summary : Responsibilities include
Reconcile GL accounts monthly to ensure balance.
- Assist on grant billings to Federal, State and Local grants.
- Monitor and analyze grant expenditures on monthly basis to ensure that funds are expended properly and in compliance with contract requirements and budgets.
- Prepares different financial reports for government and foundation grants as required.
- Worked closely with program coordinators to ensure expenditures meet budget guidelines and prepares budget revisions as require by the funding source.
- Assist on medical revenue cycle process.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, required.
- Organizational skills with attention to detail and accuracy, required.
- Ability to work with a multi-cultural staff and client population, required.
- Ability to honestly handle money, checks, and confidential financial information, required.
- Bachelors degree in business administration or related accounting field, required.
- Proficient in computer office software including Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel, required.
- Familiar with Abila fund accounting software, preferred.
Breastfeeding Peer Counselor (PT)
Job Summary: Primary function of this position is to provide basic breastfeeding information, encouragement, follow-up and referrals to WIC pregnant and breastfeeding mothers.
Qualifications: Required: Has breastfed at least one baby (does not have to be currently breastfeeding). Possess effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to work with multi-cultural staff and client populations. Demonstrate problem-solving skills. Ability to work in a team setting. High school graduate. One year experience working in community health setting. Preferred: Experience in breastfeeding management. Bilingual/ bicultural skills. Proficient in computer office software including Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel. One year experience working as a health educator or counselor.
Mahalo for your interest in joining our team and sharing your Aloha and Kōkua with Kalihi Valley!