KKV’s success depends upon our ability to maintain deep roots in Kalihi Valley. We know that this community is rich with cultural knowledge, wisdom, and diverse talents, and we aim to uplift these gifts through our hiring practices. As a result, many of our employees and volunteers come directly from the community we serve. KKV is an equal opportunity employer.
Project Coordinator(Trauma Informed Care)(F/T)
Job Summary: Coordinate planning and implementation of a Trauma Informed Care Initiative focused on improving services for victims of crime, esp. domestic violence and human trafficking in an urban community health center.
Qualifications: Project management experience and strong verbal and written communication. Experience working in community health or human services. Knowledge and experience with domestic violence and human trafficking, preferred
Education: Masters Degree in Public Health, Social Work, or equivalent experience and training. Bachelor’s degree in human services required.
Job Summary : Responsibilities include
Reconcile GL accounts monthly to ensure balance.
- Assist on grant billings to Federal, State and Local grants.
- Monitor and analyze grant expenditures on monthly basis to ensure that funds are expended properly and in compliance with contract requirements and budgets.
- Prepares different financial reports for government and foundation grants as required.
- Worked closely with program coordinators to ensure expenditures meet budget guidelines and prepares budget revisions as require by the funding source.
- Assist on medical revenue cycle process.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, required.
- Organizational skills with attention to detail and accuracy, required.
- Ability to work with a multi-cultural staff and client population, required.
- Ability to honestly handle money, checks, and confidential financial information, required.
- Bachelors degree in business administration or related accounting field, required.
- Proficient in computer office software including Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel, required.
- Familiar with Abila fund accounting software, preferred.
Breastfeeding Peer Counselor (PT)
Job Summary: Primary function of this position is to provide basic breastfeeding information, encouragement, follow-up and referrals to WIC pregnant and breastfeeding mothers.
Qualifications: Required: Has breastfed at least one baby (does not have to be currently breastfeeding). Possess effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to work with multi-cultural staff and client populations. Demonstrate problem-solving skills. Ability to work in a team setting. High school graduate. One year experience working in community health setting. Preferred: Experience in breastfeeding management. Bilingual/ bicultural skills. Proficient in computer office software including Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel. One year experience working as a health educator or counselor.
Mahalo for your interest in joining our team and sharing your Aloha and Kōkua with Kalihi Valley!