KKV’s success depends upon our ability to maintain deep roots in Kalihi Valley. We know that this community is rich with cultural knowledge, wisdom, and diverse talents, and we aim to uplift these gifts through our hiring practices. As a result, many of our employees and volunteers come directly from the community we serve. KKV is an equal opportunity employer.
KKV is also an amazing place to work! In fact, we've been recognized as one of the Best Places to Work in Hawaii for past years!
Van Driver (F/T)
Kokua Kalihi Valley (KKV) is looking for a full time, experienced VAN DRIVER to provide safe transportation to clients between KKV and designated sites. Strongly prefer CDL licensed driver. Driver must drive small passenger vans and larger 15 passenger wheelchair van. Experience and safe driving record required. Greets clients cheerfully and assists them to enter and exit the van. Checks and maintains van for cleanliness and fluid levels. Keeps track of passengers transported. Submits reports on repair problems. KKV is a great organization to work for and has been selected as one of the Best Places to Work in Hawaii. Benefits include medical , dental and Paid Time Off.
One year experience working as a driver
Ability to work with multicultural staff and clients
Excellent driving habits
Hawaii Driver License
Good driving abstract
Clean criminal background check
High school graduate
Prefer CDL License
Familiar with Kalihi Valley
Summary : Responsibilities include
Reconcile GL accounts monthly to ensure balance.
- Assist on grant billings to Federal, State and Local grants.
- Monitor and analyze grant expenditures on monthly basis to ensure that funds are expended properly and in compliance with contract requirements and budgets.
- Prepares different financial reports for government and foundation grants as required.
- Worked closely with program coordinators to ensure expenditures meet budget guidelines and prepares budget revisions as require by the funding source.
- Assist on medical revenue cycle process.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, required.
- Organizational skills with attention to detail and accuracy, required.
- Ability to work with a multi-cultural staff and client population, required.
- Ability to honestly handle money, checks, and confidential financial information, required.
- Bachelors degree in business administration or related accounting field, required.
- Proficient in computer office software including Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel, required.
- Familiar with Abila fund accounting software, preferred.
Grant Manager (F/T)
Summary: Responsible for overseeing the implementation of KKV’s grants strategy and strategically supporting KKV’s financial health and program impact.
Essential duties: Tracking funding cycles across the organization to ensure sustainability; assisting with program, organizational, and capital planning in alignment with KKV’s strategic priorities; maintaining existing funding sources and cultivating new and appropriate sources, primarily through developing grant proposals; assisting with the implementation of new projects as needed, including staff development and program evaluation; promoting integration across departments and excitement around KKV’s mission.
Qualifications: Candidates must demonstrate excellent writing capabilities and interpersonal communication skills, strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize, the ability to work with a multi-cultural staff, and the ability to conceptualize and synthesize heterogeneous sources of information into coherent proposals. Candidates should have prior experience in fund development and/or program management; supervisory experience a plus. Bachelor’s degree in related field required, and Master’s degree preferred.
Patient Services/Intake Specialist (F/T)
The team is responsible for greeting and checking in patients. Assist patients with registration, scheduling of appointments and making sure they are seen in a timely manner. Verify insurance status and eligibility. Data entry of patient and insurance information. Adhere to all billing requirements, collecting copays and account balances. Must possess excellent people and communication skills. High school diploma is required. One year of medical office experience in the community health setting is desired. Proficiency in the electronic health record system is also preferred. Basic computer skills is essential.
Mahalo for your interest in joining our team and sharing your Aloha and Kōkua with Kalihi Valley!